The Simpson Strong-Drive® SDS25500 1/4″ x 5″ structural screw is a 1/4″ diameter wood screw ideal for various connector installations as well as wood-to-wood applications. The SDS25500 screw installs with no pre-drilling and has been extensively tested in various applications. SDS screws feature a patented new easy driving 4CUT tip and a corrosion resistant double-barrier coating.
- Overall Length: 5″
- Thread Length: 2-3/4″ Serrated
- Shank Diameter: 1/4″
- Point Type: Type 17 Point
- Drive Type: 3/8″ Hex
- Coating Type: Double-Barrier
- The patented 4CUT tip has a square core and serrated threads to reduce installation torque and make driving easier with no predrilling and minimal wood splitting.
- A new double-barrier coating finish provides corrosion resistance equivalent to hot-dip galvanization. Now one screw can handle interior, exterior and certain pressure-treated wood applications.
- 3/8″ hex washer head is stamped with the No-Equal sign and fastener length for easy identification after installation.