The Makita 18 Volt LXT® Lithium-Ion nibbler is perfect for metal roofing and decking contractors, HVAC and metal fab shop work. Tool offers 12 ga aluminum, 16 ga mild steel and 18 ga stainless steel cutting capacity. Nibbler has Makita built motor, which delivers 1900 SPM for faster and smooth cutting. Die holder rotates 360 degree to meet demands of cutting direction. The metal chips are conveniently disposed below the cutting material during cutting operation, thereby avoids damage to the work surface. Nibbler has 1-3/4 Inch inner edge and 2 Inch outer edge cutting radius. Tool featuring anti-restart protection safeguards motor start up when battery is inserted with switch locked-on. Battery capacity warning system of this tool, turns light solid red and stops motor automatically to notify user that battery needs to be replaced. It has rubberized soft grip for increased comfort and lock-on sliding switch for continuous operation. This tool features externally accessible carbon brushes for superior serviceability. The Star Protection Computer Controls™ technology allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions while in use to safeguard against over-loading, over-discharging and over-heating. Built-in thickness gauge ensures enhanced convenience to operator. Tool works well with Makita 18 Volt Lithium-Ion battery with a Star symbol.
- The XNJ01Z includes: (1) 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless 16 Gauge Nibbler Tool (XNJ01Z), (1) Punch (A-83951), (1) Spanner Wrench (781028-4)
- Only works with the Makita 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries, does not work with pod-style batteries
- Weighs only 4.8 lbs. (w/battery)(NOT INCLUDED)
- Overall length 12-3/8 in.
- Strokes Per Minute (variable speed): 0-1,900 SPM
- Cutting Radius (Inner Edge): 1-3/4 in.
- Cutting Radius (Outer Edge): 2 in.
- Capacity (Aluminum, ga.): 12ga. (Mild Steel, ga.): 16ga. (Stainless, ga.) 18 ga.
- Built-In Thickness Gauge