The Makita KP0800K 3-1/4-Inch Planer delivers power, cutting capacity and ease of use. It is ideal for professional construction framing, window and door installation, and fine woodworking.
6.5 AMP Power
The KP0800K features a 6.5 AMP motor that delivers more output power, with a two-blade cutter head and 17,000 RPM for increased stock removal and superior finishes. The KP0800K is equipped with double edge carbide blades for added performance, and can plane up to 3-1/4 inches wide and 3/32 inches deep in a single pass. The rigid die-cast aluminum housing with all ball bearing construction is engineered for long tool life, and the precision-machined aluminum base delivers more planning accuracy.
The KP0800K weighs only 5.7 pounds for a high power-to-weight ratio, with an ergonomically-centered balance and rubberized front and rear handles for more comfortable operation. The machined aluminum and balanced planer drum is engineered for reduced vibration and added durability, and the spring-loaded stand elevates the base to protect the blades and workpiece. Additional ease-of-use features include a lock-on button for continuous operation, and an easy blade setting system for fast blade installation.
Engineered for Framing and Woodworking
The KP0800K is engineered for professional construction framing, window and door installation, and fine woodworking.
- 6.5 AMP motor delivers more output power for increased stock removal and superior finishes
- Planes up to 3-1/4″ wide and 3/32″ deep in a single pass
- Two-blade cutter head with 17,000 RPM delivers smooth finish and fast stock removal
- Spring-loaded stand elevates the base to protect the blades and workpiece
- Easy blade setting system for fast blade installation
- Precision machined aluminum base for planing accuracy
- Equipped with double edge carbide blades for added performance
- Rigid die-cast aluminum housing with all-ball bearing construction for longer tool life
- High power-to-weight ratio; weighs only 5.7 lbs.
- Machined aluminum and balanced planer drum for reduced vibration and added durability
- Lock-on button for continuous operation
- Click depth adjustment knob with easy-to-read scale with settings from 0″ to 3/32″ (0.1mm increments) for precise depth adjustment
- Ergonomically centered balance with rubberized front and rear handles for added comfort
- High quality poly-v belt provides added durability
- Can be equipped with large, high speed steel blades (optional accessory)
- Double insulated