Makita’s 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Cordless Jig Saw (model XVJ03Z, tool only) seamlessly combines precision and power with the lowest overall weight in its class. The XVJ03Z has a range of precision and comfort features for precise jig saw cutting performance, including less vibration and lower noise for more control and comfort.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion series, the world’s largest cordless tool line-up powered by an 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style battery. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
Makita-Built Motor Engineered for Versatile Power
The XVJ03Z features a Makita-built high torque motor that produces a 1” stroke and 0-2,600 strokes per minute (SPM) for fast and efficient cutting. In addition, the XVJ03Z has lower vibration and less noise for more control and comfort. The XVJ03Z has four position cut settings (3 orbital and one straight) for fast and efficient cutting in all applications and a “tool-less” push-in lock system for quick blade changes. The blade roller guide is positioned close to the work piece for precision accuracy in straight and bevel cuts.
Ergonomic Design in a Compact Size
The XVJ03Z weighs only 6.4 lbs. (with battery, sold separately) with a more compact design at 10-1/8” long and an ergonomic shape that fits like a glove for reduced operator fatigue. The two-finger variable speed trigger switch is easy to handle, even with a gloved hand. XVJ03Z is also equipped with a built-in L.E.D. light that illuminates the work area for more efficient work.
Versatile Design for a Range of Applications
The XVJ03Z has less noise, less vibration and less weight for more control and comfort. It is engineered for professional woodworkers, cabinetry makers, specialized residential construction workers and any pro-contractor who requires a best-in-class engineered cordless jig saw.
- Makita-built variable speed motor delivers 0-2,600 strokes per minute for faster and more efficient cutting
- 3 orbital settings plus straight cutting for use in a wide range of materials
- “Tool-less” blade change lever allows for faster blade installation and removal for increased productivity
- Large 2-finger variable speed trigger for added convenience
- Heavy gauge, precision machined base for smooth cutting and added durability
- Base bevels and locks from 0°- 45° left or right for more precise bevel cuts
- Built-in L.E.D. light illuminates the work area
- Built-in dust blower clears the line of cut for increased accuracy
- Weighs only 6.4 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Rubberized soft grip handle provides increased comfort on the job
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery’s built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and charger sold separately)
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging (battery and charger sold separately)
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger sold separately)
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (battery sold separately)
- 3-year limited warranty
- Battery and charger sold separately
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers