Makita is the innovation leader in brushless motor technology, and the 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless 6-1/2” Circular Saw (model XSH03Z, tool only, battery and charger sold separately) combines power and run-time for faster cutting and ripping – without the cord. The XSH03Z is equipped with Automatic Speed Change™ Technology, which adjusts speed and torque during operation for optimum performance. The Makita BL™ Brushless Motor is engineered for longer run time, increased power and speed, and longer tool life.
The XSH03Z features Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™), engineered for increased dust and water resistance for operation in harsh job site conditions.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Powerful Makita-built electronically controlled brushless motor delivers 5,000 RPM for faster cutting and ripping
- Automatic Speed Change™ technology adjusts cutting speed and torque during cut for optimum performance
- The brushless motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- The electronically-controlled brushless motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
- Die-cast magnesium base, blade guard and safety cover provide a lightweight, durable design
- Compact and ergonomic blade-left design at only 13-3/4″ long
- Weighs only 7.3 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Large cutting capacity (2-1/4” at 90°) and bevel capacity (0°- 50°)
- Positive stop at 45° with fine adjustment
- 3-stage L.E.D. gauge indicates battery charge level
- Electric brake for maximum productivity
- Dual L.E.D. lights illuminate the work area
- Up to 125 cuts per charge in 2×10 SPF lumber (battery not included)
- Built-in dust blower keeps the line of cut free of debris for more accurate cuts
- Retractable tool hook secures the tool when not in use
- Rubberized soft grip handle provides increased comfort on the job
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh conditions
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery’s built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and charger sold separately)
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging (battery and charger sold separately)
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger sold separately)
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (battery sold separately)
- 3-year limited warranty
- Battery and charger sold separately
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers