The 18V LXT® Brushless Cordless ½” Hammer Driver-Drill (XPH14Z, tool only) breaks new ground with a full 1,250 in.lbs. of Max Torque for the most demanding drilling and driving applications and 0-31,500 BPM for faster hammer drilling into masonry materials. The XPH14Z is positioned at the top of the LXT line-up of driver-drills.
The XPH14Z has a more compact and ergonomic design, 14% shorter than the previous model. It’s powered by a Makita brushless motor for longer run time, increased power and speed, and longer tool life. With a 2-speed transmission (0-550 & 0-2,100 RPM), the XPH14Z can tackle a wide range of drilling, fastening and hammer drilling applications. Other features include an all-metal ½” self-ratcheting chuck for improved bit-gripping strength, L.E.D. lights, and a rubberized soft grip for increased comfort.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V LXT System, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V lithium-ion slide-style batteries. Makita® 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita® 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Makita built BL™ Brushless Motor delivers 1,250 in.lbs. of Max Torque
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 7″ long; 14% shorter than previous model
- 2-speed transmission (0-550 & 0-2,100 RPM) for a wide range of drilling, fastening and hammer drilling applications
- 0-31,500 BPM for faster hammer drilling in masonry materials
- All metal 1/2″ self ratcheting chuck for improved bit gripping strength and durability
- Weighs only 6.0 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- L.E.D. lights illuminate the work area
- Rubberized soft grip provides increased operator comfort
- Efficient BL™ Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- The electronically-controlled BL™ Brushless Motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
- Features Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) which is engineered to provide increased dust and water resistance in harsh job site conditions
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (battery sold separately)
- 3-year limited warranty
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers